The mist covered-peaks, the thundering trails, and the vast rainforests would make your journey a wonderful one. The human-made treasures, buzzing indigenous markets, and the vibrant cityscapes would blow up your mind to the fullest. To top it off, the appetizing food and hospitality may even rival those amazing sights. The 6 must-visit destinations that will give you a good glimpse to where to start:
- Iguaza Falls, Argentina: The natural wonders all around the globe are one of the breathtaking sights, surrounding the tropical jungles of Argentina. Visiting Argentina side is the best, as you get a chance to come closer to the falls. Don’t forget to take a thrilling boat ride but make sure you are prepared to get drenched.
- Torres Del Paine National Park, Patagonia: Often known by the name of South America’s finest national park, the granite pillars of Torres Del Paine soar for over 6500-feet above the Patagonia landscapes. You can find some of the best hiking opportunities with trails winding through the emerald forests. Also, the park is a home to flocks of ostrich-like rhea, flamingo and Andean condor.
- Machu Picchu, Peru: Being on the top of the bucket list of many travelers Machu Picchu has become a best known archaeological site in South America. The mystical city was a secret for ages, but got its existence after Hiram Bingham’s finding that was published in 1911 book. You can enjoy the view in comfort by choosing a train ride or choose to walk the Inca Trail for quite a few days.
- Fernando de Noronha, Brazil: A marine national park where only 420 lucky tourists get a chance at any given time to find inspiring natural beauty. The natural pools, an outpouring waterfalls and pristine white beaches, nestled beneath the jagged cliffs & crystal blue water that can be found by the divers and snorkelers.
- Cartagene, Colombia: An incredibly romantic and a charming city, with restrict streets and the architecture full of colors. You can also explore its old town that conjures up the vision of Florence and New Orleans. The shopping aficionados will be in heaven, as Cartagene is a superlative destination for buying designer clothes, handicrafts and bijouterie.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: A place known for its lush countryside, ancient culture and hot beaches, Rio de Janeiro, Ipanema and its extension Leblon, offers a wealth of beachside activities where you can see and be seen by others. The largest Art Deco statue in the world, Christ the Redeemer can also be explored.
Overall, South America is filled with mysteries, traditions and outdoor adventures that can be unfold ones you set a foot forward to explore this continent. You would be amazed after traveling around the wonders of South America.